About Us
The Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre, also known as The Union or The WUCAC, was built in 1925 by the Miners Union. It stood up until the 10th of April 1980 when fire razed the building.  However, through the commitment of the then known Borough of Wonthaggi, the theatre was rebuilt and opened on the 13th of November 1982. Today the Centre is managed by Bass Coast Shire Council who provide a full program of live performance theatre, music and bands, cinema and community events.